Tips to avoid your waste being fly-tipped
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝘆 𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗿?
As the owner of the waste you have a duty to take reasonable steps to prevent someone fly-tipping it. If the rubbish is fly-tipped and it can be traced back to you, you can be fined as the rogue waste carrier is always nearly impossible to trace.
Fly-tipping is not just a criminal matter where somebody is taking your hard earned money and promising to dispose of your waste correctly, when in fact they just dump it around the corner in a field; it's also damaging our environment.
Our top tips in preventing fly-tipping:
- 𝗔𝘀𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗰𝗸 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝘁:
- 𝗔𝘀𝗸 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗿𝘂𝗯𝗯𝗶𝘀𝗵. Where do they take it, what do they do with it? These are all questions that professional waste carriers are happy to discuss.
- 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗼𝘁𝗲. Legitimate waste carriers have to pay to dispose of your waste, and it's not cheap! If a quote is unusual low compared to the other quotes, treat it with suspicion and ask questions.
- 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗲𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗹𝗲. Recording the vehicle registration of your waste carrier helps identify them later should anything untoward happen to your waste.
- 𝗔𝘀𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲/𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗶𝗽𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲. All legitimate waste carriers provide a waste transfer note for all collections. Avoid paying cash as its untraceable.
- 𝗡𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲.
If you would like a 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲 quote from yorjunk for a collection, simply take a picture of what you need removing and send it to our business whatsapp 𝟬𝟳𝟯𝟴𝟴 𝟴𝟬𝟯 𝟬𝟵𝟵 or
📞 01603 60 40 11